I believe I have ranted about Kyuubey being evil and all some time ago.
But after watching more episodes, I decided that he is not exactly evil. So here, I'm gonna list out some points and we can all decide whether is he true evil or not.
Of course I would be happier if you guys watched this series too hahaha. It's probably easier to understand me if you have actually watched it.
Watch it here.
By the way people, this is Kyuubey.
Why do people think that he is evil? I mean... He is "cute(bleh)" and all....
The first thing he does after seeing Mami get nom-nom-nom-ed is smile and ask the others to contract with him. FKING BASTARD!!!!!
He was smiling happily when others were grieving. =/
When Mami was dying (in the past) he happened to be there and offered Mami a wish.
Then when Sayaka made the resolution to make a wish, he is "coincidentally" there.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
Then later, we found out he rips souls out of the girl and put it in a little gem when he turns them into Magical Girls. He thinks that souls being ripped out is not a big deal. When the girls are angry for him not telling them this fact he smiles and say that they didn't ask.
Kyuubey eats Grieve Seeds. Which is shocking cos Grieve Seeds = bad thing.
And hence, speculations about him being the devil/devil's subordinate is popping everywhere.
(References to Faust)
They are even saying that he creates Magical Girls who, if fallen, will become Witches and produce more of those Grieve Seeds.
Even voice actresses involved in the show is also scared of Kyuubey.
Sorry too blur LOL
The text here:
Interview with Saitō Chiwa (Homura Akemi) and Yūki Aoi (Madoka Kaname) regarding Kyubey
NewType: As a last question, please say something to Kyubey.
Yūki: I want to know what you're thinking.
Saitō: Please never come to me.
NewType: That's cruel! Kyubey looks so cute (laughs).
Yūki: In the recording room, everyone was excited when Kyubey appeared on the screen. At first Katō Emiri-san (Kyubey's VA) defended him, but recently she started saying Kyubey is scary.
Saitō: Kyubey is always in an interesting position.
Yūki: Kyubey is the most mysterious character. Please pay attention to him.
However, after episode 7's events I have decided Kyuubey is not evil.
Kyuubey's character design is that stupid smiley face. His mouth is at its back, not that smiley mouth.
So its safe to assume he can't stop smiling even when people died since that is not his mouth but his distorted face. And the first thing he did was to get someone to contract is because he didn't know Homura is there too and so he thought if there wasn't another Magical Girl they will all be in danger. He is that straightforward.
He is not human, and cannot understand human reactions towards their soul being ripped out.
The only reason he does that is because by removing the soul from the body, the body can easily be mended by magic and there will be less pain for the girl itself when injured. The body can essentially suffer critical injuries but as long as the soul is fine, everything is fine. And since he don't understand human, he thinks that this is perfectly fine, and nothing is wrong. Cos he is inhuman. He simply acts on pure logic. Nothing else =D
Which brings us to the fact that he is a rather pragmatic creature. Pragmatic people (or creature in this case) would jump into ANY opportunity that is pragmatic for themselves.
Like for Mami during her car crash. He merely went for that chance to make Mami a Magical Girl since she have to make a wish or else she will die. It's a sure win situation for Kyuubey.
He also knows Sayaka is more inclined to make a wish than Madoka so he stalks Sayaka =D
So technically speaking he is not evil. What I think is that he is Chaotic Neutral.
Well even though I say that he is not evil, I still hate him and therefore I still criticize him =D
What you guys think? Drop a comment or just post in tag =D
And I shall end this post with my favourite quote this season haha:
KYUUBEY IS WATCHING YOU!! ◕‿‿◕


No comments:
Post a Comment